Saturday, December 03, 2005

Chrono quest

I am sure that I got this from my father. Fond of antiquities, clasical and old fashioned things. A few month ago, I saw a pendullum clock in one of Egyptian newest and priciest shopping mall. However, never had the chance to see the price. Since that day, I fell in love with them and made up my mind to hunt for one.

Along with this clock, I am also getting myself an alarm clock. But the classic thing strikes again. I would love to have this old alarm clock that have their bells on top like a pair of ears.

So, I search from place to place. Along Kasr El-Ainy Street. Nay. There was hardly a clock shop. Never tried in Tahrir. But today, I searched for it at 3attaba, the most likely place to find it.

From shop to shop, alley to alley, I found only usual clock. But then in a deepest alley, I found a shop that sells pendullum clock. But it is closed for prayer. So, I went out. Then I found another shop called Big Ben. But the price.......So I went back to the alley hoping that the price is much lower 'coz the shop is rather hidden. From 600 to 800 the owner said. Big Ben was much better. The cheapest is 450.

I decided to go home. There's no hope for alarm clock either. It made me remember 'road walk'(lorong kulit). On my way home, still searching for any alarm clock, I at last found it. The very alarm clock that I always wanted. Made in China. Batteries not needed. Of course for this type. It looks somewhat that it comes from the 60's. Only for 12.50. Never know how long it can hold. Still ticking in my room. Thank God and I always love You.

Self comment:
Apa karangan aku buat ni?
Tingginya nafsu!
Taste tak padan dengan tuan, tak sadar diri...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3ttabah adakah di mana zul the prof pernah berada? aku teringat lama dulu dia sebut di dudok di 3ttabah.